Gauges needed?

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

FreddyG
Bicycle

Gauges needed?

Post by FreddyG »

So I'm looking at the smy gauge with prosport premium oil pressure and boost gauge, but I see that alot also get the wideband gauge. I don't think I would need this if I only plan on using a stage 1 and 2 Torqued Performace tune right? or am I missing something I don't plan on using anything higher than the stage 2 TP tune since its my DD and I'm still debating between OS and the AP for applying the tune.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Gauges needed?

Post by Sabre »

After having had EGT and boost gauges, I can honestly say that you only really need boost. The AFR gauge is useful if you really want to make sure that ok
(sometimes weather/pressure changes can throw off your AFRs slightly), but it's really not necessary. Oil pressure is good if you are racing just in case, but if something goes bad with your oil pressure, it will likely happen very quickly and before you can do anything about it.

Cliff Notes: Boost is a definite, all others are just nice to haves :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

agreed with sabre. unless you're the rotated turbo with 75# wheel, boost will give you a good enough clue as to what is going on. i've had egt in previous cars, but not my current.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

and get defi :)

they look AWESOME.
rocket scientist
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

For a stage 2 car anything more than a boost gauge is for show. A bunch of gauges sure do look cool, but they really aren't going to be that useful.
My current turbo car doesn't even have a boost gauge.
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

sweet happy to hear that, gonna save me some money :) thank you all for the replys
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop