DCAWD Meet Thursday 01/09/20 - BonChon Annandale

All about DCAWD Meets

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

DCAWD Meet Thursday 01/09/20 - BonChon Annandale

Post by Sabre »

Hello all,
The next meeting of DC All Wheel Drive will be on Thursday 01/09/20 at 7:15pm. We will be meeting outside for a little while, then going inside to grab some grub!

BonChon Annandale is located at:
7215 Columbia Pike Annandale, VA 22003
Telephone: 703-914-1415
http://www.bonchon.com/

Link of map: here

Most up to date information found in our forum here.

Let us know if you are coming so that we can try to keep an accurate count.

Note: This is an AWD, we meet no matter what Mother Nature throws at us! Even if you do not have a AWD car, feel free to come!

Sabre (Julian)
http://www.dcawd.com

P.S. If you have troubles getting there or want to ask questions, feel free to call us at 202-255-3094 and ask for Julian

So far:
1.) Sabre +1
2.) DrWRX +1
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Re: DCAWD Meet Thursday 01/09/20 - BonChon Annandale

Post by chicken n waffles »

Tentatively in (+0)
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Woooooohooooooo
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

In +1.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

We're in.
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

I'm in, no Chris.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

Man, I was just thinking about Bonchon Chicken the other day. I wish I could join you guys, but the meet is just shy of 1000 miles from my new home. After nearly 3 years back under the knife, I finally got the Subaru back from Moore Automotive. What a process.

Jason
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

1,000 miles is nothing. If you left now you should get there in 2, 3 days tops.
Wait, 3 years? WTF? I'm sure there is a story there. I'd be interested in hearing about it.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

TAPOUT wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:19 pm Man, I was just thinking about Bonchon Chicken the other day. I wish I could join you guys, but the meet is just shy of 1000 miles from my new home. After nearly 3 years back under the knife, I finally got the Subaru back from Moore Automotive. What a process.

Jason
Holy hell! Sounds like a very interesting story! Where the hell are you now?!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

So, last time I was out with you guys I had bought my ZL1 because the Subie had locked up the motor after 1300 miles and a one year build. I took the car back to get them to fix it. After spending $16k through them and picking up $4k in parts they asked me to supply and already having the motor and everything else already done, I told them they needed to fix the car. Well, at first they went back to the engine builder (Howard at AR Fab) and showed him their findings and the guy basically didn’t care that he built the motor poorly. So then we started with collecting parts for the rebuild. They got a block and had it machined and sleeved like my block had been. They got my $1000 set of pistons back from AR Fab and built the motor with my old pistons instead of the $1000 set AR Fab made me buy the previous build for no reason. Well, couldn’t put the motor together because bearings were out of stock, then we couldn’t get just one Kelford cam for 7 months so I had to mail my Cosworth cams to them, then we couldn’t get the right ARP hardware, and it was just excuse after excuse, then they wanted me to pay for the machine shop, then some other bullshit, and so on and so on. Anyways, after just less than 3 years from the motor locking up, I got the car back. I still have a couple minor issues, but even on the current low boost tune it makes over 500 AWHP.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

So, last time I was out with you guys I had bought my ZL1 because the Subie had locked up the motor after 1300 miles and a one year build. I took the car back to get them to fix it. After spending $16k through them and picking up $4k in parts they asked me to supply and already having the motor and everything else already done, I told them they needed to fix the car. Well, at first they went back to the engine builder (Howard at AR Fab) and showed him their findings and the guy basically didn’t care that he built the motor poorly. So then we started with collecting parts for the rebuild. They got a block and had it machined and sleeved like my block had been. They got my $1000 set of pistons back from AR Fab and built the motor with my old pistons instead of the $1000 set AR Fab made me buy the previous build for no reason. Well, couldn’t put the motor together because bearings were out of stock, then we couldn’t get just one Kelford cam for 7 months so I had to mail my Cosworth cams to them, then we couldn’t get the right ARP hardware, and it was just excuse after excuse, then they wanted me to pay for the machine shop, then some other bullshit, and so on and so on. Anyways, after just less than 3 years from the motor locking up, I got the car back. I still have a couple minor issues, but even on the current low boost tune it makes over 500 AWHP.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

The car is for sale though, I am putting twin turbos on the Camaro and can’t really have both cars. So if you know anyone that would like a 700hp capable STI Limited, I am letting it go for $22k which is $1000’s less than just the motor and machine work.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

Oh, and I moved down to Florida, about 20 miles from the Gulf just outside of Ft Myers. I’m about 10 miles from the airport and 3 hours from Orlando, which is where you could get on the auto train and head back to Lorton!
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Dear God!
So sorry to hear about all that. What a hassle. What are your goals for the Camaro?
Kinda surprised you're thinking twin turbo. I would think a larger super charger would have been an easier route.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Oooof, that is an ordeal! Good luck with the sale. I totally get it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI