2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT no longer for sale. keeping both cars)

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT no longer for sale. keeping both cars)

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Well it's time to let her go. If you all remember that wagon a while back that fell through, his wife finally lifted the ban on selling it now that they moved into their new house. So I'm going for it. Things have been put into motion. All I have to do is sell the car now.

Bought this car brand new back in 04. It was one of the first of the 05s in and I had to have it. Note: THIS IS THE SPORT MODEL. It has the upgraded WRX seats and side-skirts, and MOMO leather wrapped steering wheel. It's an automatic as I was going to school in heavy traffic every day.

Details: The car is mechanically in great shape. I worked at Subaru so it got all the best. Regular fluid changes, and every single problem that I could find was fixed. The car will be sold STOCK except for having the aluminum STi hood with reverse scoop and I might leave the rally-armor mud flaps on. I'll be swapping the stock WRX wheels back on for the sale with all-seasons. No engine problems and no transmission problems. I'll be swapping a new cat in to sweeten the deal as well. Figured I might as well do that before warranty is up so whoever gets it next won't have to worry about that.

The Bad: Well this car has been a daily driver. Sadly it has suffered the indignities of the PA roads. It's gotten some cosmetic damage over the years. Never anything major but enough to have me replace some body panels from time to time. Currently it's blemishes include a indent in the trunk (dodge dakota bumped into me) and some dings on the side panels from idiots in parking lots. Nothing profoundly dramatic, but certainly worth mentioning to potential buyers.

--------------------------------

Cliffnotes:
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sport
~67k miles
Platinum Silver Metallic

Excellent mechanical condition

4EAT (Automatic)Transmission
WRX Seats with side air-bags
WRX Sideskirts
MOMO Leather Wrapped Stearing wheel/E-Brake
6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer.

Aluminum STi hood with Aqua reverse scoop (painted to match)
Rally Armor Mudflaps (possibly)

--------------------------------

I am looking for somewhere around -------------k but am willing to entertain any and all offers. Don't be afraid to step up and make an offer!

PRICE NOW $7500!!!

The closest major city is Pittsburgh, PA. Willing to meet buyer within reasonable distance. Willing to sell to distant buyers but they are responsible for organizing transportation or pickup. You DC guys are MOSTLY considered within reasonable distance.

Pics:

Stickers are from SubieInvasion in Las Vegas. Colin McRae memorial.
The hellas will be coming off and the stock silver wheels are going back on. All the stickers are coming off too unless you specify otherwise.
Better pics upon request.

Last edited by Cereb Daithi on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Re: FS: PA - 2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT

Post by Cereb Daithi »

If one of you guys buys it you get the added bonus of actually having me BUY a turbocharged subaru instead of talking about it endlessly :wink:

The only thing holding me up is how fast I can sell the RS
bdub
Bicycle

Post by bdub »

it's a good looking car.... but can't do it considering i don't drive the sti much...
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Lol thanks for the compliment.

I absolutely love the car. It has only ever been good to me and never given me a problem. It's the first car I bought new and the first one I paid off. Needless to say I'm very attached to it.

I wouldn't even be selling it but someone whose opinion who I take very very seriously test drove the car I was looking at and strongly advised I do it. Can't pass it up. The potential of the WRX and the amazing deal I'm getting on it is too much to pass up.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Bueller? Bueller?
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Alright. Things are set to go down in 2 weeks.

Price dropped to my lowest I'd ever consider letting this go for $7500. I already have some bites at this price but I'm offering it to you guys. This WAY less than I planned to sell it for... but I was taking my good old time and things suddenly sped up overnight. Must sell soon!
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: FS: PA - 2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT (major drop in price)

Post by zaxrex »

Again, if this wagon falls through, I will run over your toes as promised in the first wagon for sale thread. Tell you what, let me buy the wagon, and then when you sell the rs, you can buy it back from me.

I'll be driving up to Letterkenny Army Depot and could make the detour easily
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

If one of you jackasses wold just buy my car I could have the wagon by tuesday. :lol: Ah well one of the guys I worked with at subaru said he'll talk to the wife about buying the car. So it might already be sold. I'm just trying to get as many options on the table as I can get if he decides not to buy it. I'm tired of this shit not working out. I have the worst luck ever when it comes to plans coming together to buy used cars. I guess I could just take out a loan for the WRX and as soon as I sell my car just pay back the loan... I'd rather avoid that though. If it means I finally get things moving forward maybe it'd be worth it.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Price still at a very low $7500. This is 2k uner KBB value on account of the car having some cosmetic flaws to it. Mechanically it's perfect. Changed the diff and trans fluids. Changing trans fluid next time I change my oil to ensure a clean flush.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

If you would have let me buy the wagon, you could have bought it from me whenever your RS sold. :poke:
I guess I can only threaten you with increased violence for letting it get away, AGAIN!.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Believe me I want to break this damn car buying curse. I have had no problem buying new cars.... like this one I'm selling. Why the hell does the universe seem to be against me jumping into a used one?
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Believe me I want to break this damn car buying curse. I have had no problem buying new cars.... like this one I'm selling. Why the hell does the universe seem to be against me jumping into a used one?
I'm going to guess cash vs credit, or is this a rhetorical question?
rocket scientist
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Well I've been holding back some too. One of the reasons I have had some of the bad luck in the past is because I'm unwilling to go out on a limb to get myself into a situation. I actually just went to the bank yesterday afternoon to apply for a loan. I'm tired of waiting for the exact right moment.

They just called me back right now and said my credit is fine and my income is suitable, but because I have only had my current job for about a month they need someone to co-sign since they don't deem that as being an acceptable proof of a safe career apparently. I was trying to avoid being in debt but it looks like if I want to have the toys I have to put myself somewhat into debt.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Alright. Father-person agreed to co-sign. This will take a few days since he's nowhere near me but I'm expecting everything to go smoothly.

Right now I have a VF39, Walbro 225, and larger injectors standing by to go into the car.

At this point I guess I'll be pulling my FS out since I decided just to keep both cars.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Believe me I want to break this damn car buying curse. I have had no problem buying new cars.... like this one I'm selling. Why the hell does the universe seem to be against me jumping into a used one?
the universe isn't against you.

you are the posterboy for the phrase "shit or get off the pot" and i don't mean that in an offending manner. but DAMN man... step up.
-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Title edited.

Anyways this should be it. Hopefully I'll be posting up soon on a new thread with pics of the new car.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT no longer for sale. keeping both cars)

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Everything is officially approved. Bank just notified me. Just have to go in on monday and finalize the loan paperwork. Expect to have the WRX by the end of the week.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2005 2.5RS Sport 4EAT no longer for sale. keeping both cars)

Post by Mr Kleen »

congrats on the purchase! I got you a thread lock. :wink: