Subaru TPMS

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Subaru TPMS

Post by sirwilliam »

Article LINKY

TPMS = PITA! :evil:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

why insist people check their tire pressure regularly when we can mandate a gadget that does the same thing, but at a higher cost? :roll: yet another reason to avoid the 2008 Impreza.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

That's a pretty decent life for the internal batteries. Cool read.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

speaking of that, gabe, where did you get that handy little tire pressure gauge you brought over that one time? i found it much more useful than standard gauges thanks to that manual release thingie.
-Ben
chicken n waffles

also,
Mr Kleen wrote:why insist people check their tire pressure regularly when we can mandate a gadget that does the same thing, but at a higher cost? :roll: yet another reason to avoid the 2008 Impreza.
it's not logical to expect point-a-to-point-b'ers to check their pressure manually. i'd imagine ol' gramps doesn't want to risk slipping a disc in his back to check it, either. for those of us who care about our cars, and who are physically able to do periodic manual checks, it's no biggie. everyone else will gladly pay the extra cost to have the car do it for them.
-Ben
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

complacent wrote:That's a pretty decent life for the internal batteries. Cool read.
Some of these sensors, processors and even transmitters run on uA (thats micro Amps, 10e-6) of current and voltages like 1.3V Numbers like 0.00005W of power consumption aren't unusual. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:speaking of that, gabe, where did you get that handy little tire pressure gauge you brought over that one time? i found it much more useful than standard gauges thanks to that manual release thingie.
You can get those anywhere. Online or in store. Advanceautoparts and autozone carry some but if you want nice stuff for a good price go to www.griotsgarage.com

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
chicken n waffles

no, they don't. i'm not inquiring about a standard pressure gauge. this one would retain the pressure reading until you pushed a release button, so you don't have to keep it attached to the valve stem to take a reading.
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:
complacent wrote:That's a pretty decent life for the internal batteries. Cool read.
Some of these sensors, processors and even transmitters run on uA (thats micro Amps, 10e-6) of current and voltages like 1.3V Numbers like 0.00005W of power consumption aren't unusual. :)
Yep :) Search for TinyOS, WSN and smartdust (separate searches). There is some very cool stuff out there that will run for a year or two on 2 AA's.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:no, they don't. i'm not inquiring about a standard pressure gauge. this one would retain the pressure reading until you pushed a release button, so you don't have to keep it attached to the valve stem to take a reading.
They had them at both locations in PA when I looked...maybe they are not at all locations...hmm? I guessed you didn't look at griot's, though:

PRO DIGITAL GAUGE LINKY

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I got mine at an Advanced Auto a while back. it's not digital but it also didn't cost $20. IIRC I paid $10 for it. they had a case for it for an extra $10 but I use an old Royal Crown pint pouch.
chicken n waffles

sirwilliam wrote:
chicken n waffles wrote:no, they don't. i'm not inquiring about a standard pressure gauge. this one would retain the pressure reading until you pushed a release button, so you don't have to keep it attached to the valve stem to take a reading.
They had them at both locations in PA when I looked...maybe they are not at all locations...hmm? I guessed you didn't look at griot's, though:

PRO DIGITAL GAUGE LINKY
that's not the gauge i was looking for, hence why i asked GABE!!!!!
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:

PRO DIGITAL GAUGE LINKY
that's not the gauge i was looking for, hence why i asked GABE!!!!!
No, but it is PRETTY FREAKIN SWEET, THOUGH!!!!! Dude, just trying to help. :roll:

chicken n waffles

it is pretty nice
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

:rolllaugh:

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."