Generations

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Generations

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Ok this might sound like a "noob" question but I've been curious about the generation/model numbers.

If you could just link me to a site it'd be great...but heres my position.

I know the old body styles are the GC8s for the coupes and GF8 for the wagons... and im pretty sure my 05 style is GD and there is a Forester SG6...

i cant seem to find anywhere online that has a list of all the different generations/models. can anyone help me out?
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Generations

Post by snaab »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Ok this might sound like a "noob" question but I've been curious about the generation/model numbers.

If you could just link me to a site it'd be great...but heres my position.

I know the old body styles are the GC8s for the coupes and GF8 for the wagons... and im pretty sure my 05 style is GD and there is a Forester SG6...

i cant seem to find anywhere online that has a list of all the different generations/models. can anyone help me out?
I'm in the same boat as you, bud
RJ
'13 Mazda3
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:plusone:!!! Good to see ya on the boards Matt!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

RJ
'13 Mazda3
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

thanks a ton!

so wait now im confused. all the 2-door 1st gen RS's that i see that I call gc8s and that other people call gc8s.... are really not gc8s at all?? it looks like they are actually GM6s. according to the site a GC8 is a 4-door wrx. *headsplode*

after realizing the number would be on the vin i see mine is a GD6... but im still baffled by the sudden possibility that all those "GC8s" out there are not really GC8s at all. can someone verify this/check their vin on their RS? i am just in serious doubt that this is true since every subaru owner with one refers to it as a GC8.... oh my poor head
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

You are correct, the older (pre-bugeye) USDM coupes are in fact a GM6. The four door RS are labled GC6. If it were a JDM wrx coupe it would be a GM8 and a four door GC8. Your car is a GD6, mine is a GC6.

The "gc8" title has been used (incorrectly by most, including myself) to discribe old skool imprezas in general.

I even think there is a wikipedia entry on this... There are internets everywhere.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

haha. all this time ive been living a lie... oh well..ill still probably call them GC8s out of habit