Dig deep, this one is getting nerdy: Visualization and Comparison of Sorting Algorithms

The place for technology related posts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Dig deep, this one is getting nerdy: Visualization and Comparison of Sorting Algorithms

Post by Sabre »

Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Dig deep, this one is getting nerdy: Visualization and Comparison of Sorting Algorithms

Post by ElZorro »

When I was first learning to code (in Quick Basic on a 286sx) I would implement these algorithms out of books and visualize them with ascii art. Ahh, the good old days.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Dig deep, this one is getting nerdy: Visualization and Comparison of Sorting Algorithms

Post by drwrx »

What is amazing is how close some of them are in speed. And how slow others are.
Did you find yourself rooting for or against Bubble Sort?
ElZorro wrote:Ahh, the good old days.
In the early days of PostScript (late 80s early 90s) you could input arc and circle raster position algorithms. As well as custom screen blend algorithms for image processing. I used to order books with floppies that had hundreds of examples that you could then input in the PostScript file for output.

Good old days indeed. . . Wait no, it was complete and utter drudgery.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:In the early days of PostScript (late 80s early 90s) you could input arc and circle raster position algorithms. As well as custom screen blend algorithms for image processing. I used to order books with floppies that had hundreds of examples that you could then input in the PostScript file for output.
I had no idea! That's pretty damn cool!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.